Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One Year Ago Today...





...Alex and I were in a different place. We were about to travel to Indiana. Today... we are missing Alex's Great Papaw.

Yes, it has been one full year. I woke up last night 10/20 at 1:50 am because Alex woke up with tummy trouble. As I looked at the clock, I remembered the phone call I received around the same time, one year ago today. I heard the Daughtry song today that reminds me of him. My heart is sad, but I prayed and asked God how he is doing. I will see him again someday.

Last weekend, we traveled to Indiana to see my family. As I had a "business trip" on Friday, we decided to make the most of it, and Alex & Mark came with me. Thursday night was a nightmare. I slept maybe 4 hours off & on total. Alex slept in his pack & play; a foreign bed to him. And we made the mistake of giving him ready-made formula again. We have now learned that his little system cannot handle the ready-made formula very well.

I took care of my business on Friday. I'm hoping and praying this is the One. And we continued to Oaktown. We arrived around 4:30, and Mimi was happy to see us. Mom & Dad met us at Mimi's house where we had our traditional breaded tenderloins for dinner. Nana watched Baby Alex on Saturday night, so Mark and I could catch up on our sleep!

Saturday was a morning full of errands. I wanted to go to Charlie's for some chocolates and to a flower shop buy some flowers for Papaw's grave. Mark and I went to Vincennes, and then on our way to Mimi's for the evening, we stopped by Papaw's grave. It was raining, so I wasn't able to spend as much time there as I would have liked. We met at Mimi's, and I tried to contain my tears before we showed up, but it was too hard. Between all of the stress in my life & the significant anniversary of this trip, I was crying pretty hard. I guess that I needed to get it out.

We ate at McKinley's for dinner on Saturday night, and I noticed Alex watching my fork to my mouth at dinner. He's been doing that a lot lately, so it's definitely time for solid foods now! No doubt about it.

On Sunday, we stopped in Indy to visit Auntie D. She was very happy to see us. She had tears in her eyes when we arrived. I think she must have been amazed at how big Alex has gotten since the last time she saw him. Our trip was WAY too short as she had to go to work, but I am so happy that she was able to see him again!

The car ride home went 300% times better this time. We still had our struggles on the way down from Cleveland, but the trip back home was much better!

Next trip home - Christmas time! (AND I'M FINALLY GOING TO VISIT LUCAS OIL STADIUM!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment